Peanut butter cookies….sooooooo comforting and tasty! I decided I wanted to give them a go tonight and the results were excellent. These cookies are freakin’ amazing.
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies:
1 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening(non hydrogenated)
3 tbsp. rice or soy milk(I used rice)
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
1 3/4 cup sifted A.P flour
3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees.
2. combine brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, rice milk, and vanilla is large mixing bowl. Beat until well blended. Add applesauce and beat until just blended.
3. Combine flour, Baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Slowly add dry ingredients to peanut butter mixture. Beat on low until just blended. Do not over beat.
4. Drop spoonfuls on to a cookie sheet with parchment paper, 2 inches away from each other and flatten with the bag of a fork.
5. Bake 7-8 minutes only. Just until set. They will not look fully done when you take them out of the oven. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a sheet of foil to fully cool.
There you have it! Awesome cookies that are soft in the center but a little crisp on the edges. yum!